Saturday 30 March 2019

Hooking Mat 2

Previously I have made a hooked rug, with the word ‘Fleur’ on it.  You may remember that I was frustrated as the wording was only the right way up half of the time.  So I decided to make a neutral pattern, which could be displayed from any angle.

I used two colours of fleece fabric cut into one inch strips.  As the fleece was so thick I made a rod for my own back and the task was much harder and took much longer than anticipated.

Mick made me a heavy duty hook to carry out the job, as my crochet hooks could not cope.  It would have been impossible without it.

The thick fleece was hard to pull through the hessian.  But BFI won through (Brute Force and Ignorance).

I completed the light blue waves first and then filled in with the dark blue.

I am quite pleased with the end result.  The mat is intended for rigourous use so the colours had to be dark.

I may try to be more adventurous with my design next time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment