Saturday 30 March 2019

Bags 12 – Rucksack 2019

I bought this Anchor design fabric in Holland last year with the intention of making my bag for 2019.  It was 10 euro per metre and I bought two metres.  Crikey better do a good job.
I used Simplicity Pattern 1388 Item A to get the basic shape.
I confess now, that I am not very good at following patterns, so this is my version.  Having made a lot of bags over the years I kind of understood what should be done.

I first put the zip into the two front pieces.  Then attached the piping, then added the back pieces and linings.
The back needed the straps making and then adding during piping.
Not a bad pattern match around the zip, difficult as the zip flaps open after sewing.
Pattern matching on the inside of the front pocket.  Nerd alert.
Inside pocket and bottle holder.  The reverse of the fabric was the reverse of the colour scheme.  It would have been nice to create white highlights on the outside, but I am a mucky pup.  Not fit for white.
The final seam inside was the biggest mind bender.  After bagging out I hand sewed the final top edge seam inside.
I also hand finished the side seams under the centre zip.
Straps pattern matched to back of bag.
Finished Item.
I am very pleased with this, it tested me.  Hope it lasts well.

No comments:

Post a Comment