Monday 16 September 2019

Baby Cardigans 1

Both of these cardigans were made from the James C. Brett, Double Knitting Pattern JB443

The cream wool was a generic Baby double knit in cream.

The Grey and White was King Cole, Baby Double Knitting ‘Cherish’, Shade ‘Humbug’ 1893.  Once finished this wool is super snuggly.

IMG_7393

IMG_7394

Lots of firsts here.  I have not done much pattern knitting and these were my first holes, as in holey pattern.

IMG_7399

The sleeves have 2 rows of pattern rather than three.

IMG_7395

Also my first collar and front borders with button holes.  I think I have made the button holes wrong, when I asked in the wool shop, but they work.

IMG_8410

So you know me, get my money’s worth out of everything.  I tend to make more than one of everything I make.

IMG_8411

The grey one is a larger version.

The wool makes up a pattern.  Well, my OCD would not let me just knit and let the pattern run amok.  So I wound the wool on to the same places for one front and one sleeve from one ball, and the same from the second ball.  It kind of worked, the greys are darker on the body than the sleeves.  But both sleeves and both fronts are the same.  With the back being wider the pattern pleased itself, but Evie will be sat on that.

IMG_8412

Tried a little hat too.

IMG_8413

The crown came out really well with the grey centre.

I don’t think the hat and the cardigan will fit her at the same time, but your never know.

I am enjoying knitting small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment